Reflection: Week 12

As this web business course comes to a close, I have been thinking back on all of the skills that I have learned.  Google Analytics is a very valuable tool that I will continue to use to see data for my website.  It allows me to see information such as how long customers stay on the pages and which keywords are the most successful.  This information helps me to make decisions about the future of the website and where it needs to be improved.

Overall, I have learned that web site creation is an ongoing process.  Making changing and keeping up with social media are all a part of what makes a business successful.   Woorank is another valuable resource that gives you information about where your website needs to be improved. I want to remember their site because they have shown me areas I need to work on.

Project 9: Portfolio

Project Corrections / Time spent: I spent just over two hours designing a new creative ad.  The main focus of this design was to improve my skills with the magic wand, lasso, magnetic lasso. I cut out a photo with those tool and also used the redefine edge and eraser tool.  In previous projects, this has been a skill that I have struggled with and I think that this cut out is a huge improvement. Currently it takes me a long time to achieve that but through practice I know these tools will come more quickly.

creative project

Message: To professionally display all of my designs from the visual media course.

Audience: To show any future employers my design skills.

Top Thing Learned: I learned that the purpose of a portfolio and its cover pages are that it needs to be designed beautifully and professionally but not distract from the designs themselves.

Future application of Visual Media: I work at an adventure park where I hope to now apply my skills in designing.  Some areas I see myself working in are website designing, signs, and brochures.

Color scheme and color names: Gold/Yellow, Monochromatic

Title Font Name & Category: Cubano, Decorative

Copy Font Name & Category: Klinic Slab Light, Serif

Thumbnails of Images used:

gold foil

Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site):

http://wanderingsoul-stox.deviantart.com/art/Texture-71-Gold-62136835

Reflection: Week 11

I am really excited to write this reflection this week because I have come a long ways with google adwords.  In the past few weeks I have made a lot of changes to my keywords and also to my target webpage.  I am a lot happier with the webpage that people will directly click onto.  It helps to sell the product through photos and enticing words.  Today, I got the idea to host a winter sale. This was after my latest project but I went ahead and made the changes anyways.

I created a new add that told the sale discount.  Then, I updated my webpage to talk about the sale and post the discounted price.  I also edited the email that customers receive so they know when these sale tickets expire and the rules associated with them.  With in two hours of the sale I have already sold 5 more tickets. I am really happy with the results and can’t wait to track this sale as it goes through Dec. 31, 2014

Project 8: Brochure

P8-AmberlieAndelin-FrontP8-AmberlieAndelin-OpenFrontP8-AmberlieAndelin-MiddleP8-AmberlieAndelin-Back

P8-AmberlieAndelin-Brochure

P8-AmberlieAndelin-Brochure2


Description: To create a dual sided, full bleed, brochure.

Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): To create this brochure I used three different programs which were indesign, illustrator, and photoshop.  A majority of my brochure was created in indesign.  That is were I created my 2 page, facing, 5 1/2 in x 16 1/2 in layout.  I labeled all of the different sections and I began placing colored rectangles to fill the background.  I used illustrator to create my logo and to use the pathfinder tool to layer and create different shapes.  I designed my front cover in illustrator and used the clipping mask to cut it in half.  I also used the clipping mask to create my photos into different shapes.  In photoshop, I used the magic wand to select the giraffe head.  I then added text wrap element to it in indesign.  For all of my text I used paragraph styling to organize the headers and paragraph fonts.

Message: To professional give information out about a zip line adventure park where you get to zip over animals.

Audience: This is directed towards anyone who wants to participate in outdoor adventure, find family fun, or cross zip lining off their bucket list.

Top Thing Learned: I learned how to creatively make my own brochure fold and use indesign to lay it out.  I got a lot of practice with layering and links.  The top thing that I learned was paragraph styling.

Color scheme and color names: Analogous (Blue, Yellow, Dark Green, Light Green)

Title Font Name & Category: Cubano (Decorative)

Copy Font Name & Category: Klinic Slab Light (Serif)

Word Count of copy: 250 words

Thumbnails of Images used: 

giraffemap Z-Amberlie3 Z-Amberlie5 Z-Amberlie6

Sources:

http://www.topwallpaperphoto.com/giraffe-free-wallpaper-images/

http://www.treetopzoofari.com/directions/

Last three photos are owned.

Video: